Saturday, May 10, 2008

Obama Barely Pulls Ahead. . .

Welcome, welcome, my dear readers.  How nice of you to join me at the computer screen once more.  I wonder if you have heard the news about the primary results for last Tuesday, May 6th.  It is my great pleasure to report to those unaware that my candidate choice, Barack Obama, just barely pulled ahead of Hillary Clinton with a decent sized victory in North Carolina, and a close second place finish in the Indiana primary.

My sincere apologies go out to any Clinton supporters, as I am sure that she put up a terrific fight (in fact, knowing their campaign, they will probably just report that they are still going strong and plan on continuing the race), however, I believe that this seeming tie breaks in Obama's favor.  At least, this is what the general consensus of the news media appears to be.

Still, unlike many in the Democratic party and in the country who have grown tired and anxious by this drawn out primary season, I personally feel invigorated.  This early battle between Hillary and Obama will, in some ways, strengthen the eventual nominee's campaign for their inevitable race against the GOP juggernaut that is Sen. John McCain.

I recently returned home from Columbia, MO, where the state Democratic convention was being held at the Holiday Inn Expo Center.  Come back again soon for my next blog, which shall feature indepth coverage of this crazy event.  But until then, I bid thee farewell.

No comments: